- Work with vulnerable people to minimise exposure to criminality.
- Reduce anti-social behaviour with partners.
- Reduce the risk of child sexual exploitation to children in care.
Inspector Neil Mckay
The policing team is based at Stowmarket Police Station, from where the officers cover a large part of the Mid-Suffolk District. We work closely with our colleagues and partners across the county to make this a safer place to live, work, travel and invest.
This page contains a wealth of information about the local team, which will keep you updated and tell you the best ways to contact us.
You can see previous newsletters here
You can see our most recent newsletter here
- The largely rural area has a number of large villages and one town. There are two major roads and a rail link, connecting to surrounding counties and London.
- Stowmarket is a market town with a population of more than 19,000. It serves residents, commuters and visitors: key attractions include the Museum of East Anglian Life and a thriving leisure centre.
- The SNT cover 73 parishes in total across the Mid-Suffolk area.