- The SNT works alongside partner agencies to address mental health and vulnerable people, including individuals excluded from mainstream society.
- Anti-social behaviour and crime reduction, including working with other licensing agencies and local businesses.
- Domestic violence.
- The team have specific officers who specialise in working with young people.
- We also have officers in match-funded positions within ‘Suffolk Family Focus’ providing advice and support to Lowestoft Business Improvement District, working in the business and retail area of Lowestoft.
- Kessingland, supporting the local community and delivering parish council requirements.
- Schools in East Suffolk, where our Schools Officer works directly with schools.
- Lowestoft is the UK’s most easterly town with access to both the North Sea and inland river networks via the Norfolk/Suffolk Broads. The town and surrounding parishes have a population of approximately 72,000.
- The town was historically a large fishing community, but this has since developed a variety of other sectors including manufacturing, farming, oil and gas, and more recently renewable energy and wind farming.
- It has a large tourism industry and beautiful beaches, two piers and many other tourist attractions in the area.
- Lowestoft SNT covers the parishes of Blundeston, Carlton Colville, Corton, Flixton, Gisleham, Kessingland, Lound, Lowestoft, Oulton, Somerleyton, Ashby, Herringfleet.