There are watch schemes in operation across Suffolk, in urban and rural areas, bringing local people and the police together in an effective partnership to keep their communities safe.
You can find out more about each of the watch schemes below.
Neighbourhood Watch is about people getting together with their neighbours to help combat local crime.
Suffolk Neighbourhood Watch scheme helps to make our neighbourhoods more secure and our communities feel safer.
The main objectives of Neighbourhood Watch are to:
- prevent and reduce crime in our neighbourhoods
- provide reassurance to people in our communities
- provide practical and up-to-date crime reduction advice
- encourage members of our communities to be alert and watchful in looking after themselves and others
- act as a channel of communication by passing on information from the police to the community and from the community to the police.
The Suffolk Neighbourhood Watch Association (SNWA) can give you details on how to join an existing scheme or help set up a new one if there isn't one in your area.