Hollesley Bay absconder recaptured
A 31-year-old man who absconded from Hollesley Bay prison has been recaptured.
Mark Heanan was reported missing to police on Tuesday 1 August, after he was absent from a roll call at 5pm.
He was serving an indeterminate sentence for wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
Heanan was arrested by Surrey Police in Warlingham on Monday 28 August following an incident where a police vehicle was rammed following a pursuit. He has subsequently charged with eight offences:
- Escaping from lawful custody
- Dangerous driving
- Failing to stop for police
- Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence
- Driving without insurance
- Assaulting a police officer
- Possession of an offensive weapon
- Handling stolen goods
He appeared before Staines Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday 29 August where he was remanded in custody to appear at Guildford Crown Court on Thursday 28 September.