Man charged in connection with drug offences in Beccles
A 26-year-old man from Beccles has been charged in connection with drug offences.
Jai Souter, of Rigbourne Hill, was located in the town in the early hours of yesterday morning, Wednesday 22 May, after police had reason to stop a white van in a car park behind Cucumber Lane.
He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre and subsequently charged with seven offences as follows:
- possession with possession with intent to supply a controlled Class A drug
- possession with intent to supply a controlled Class B drug
- possession of a weapon for the discharge of an electrical incapacitation device (taser)
- possession of an offensive weapon in a public place
- two counts of assault with intent to resist arrest
- use of a motor vehicle without third party insurance
Souter is due to appear before Norwich Magistrates’ Court today, Thursday 23 May.
Police would like to thank the member of public who assisted officers at the time of arrest and are appealing for them to come forward.