Burglary in Speedwell Road, Ipswich
Police are appealing for witnesses following a burglary at a home address in Ipswich.
The break-in occurred on Friday 10 November at some point between 11am and 4pm at the property in Speedwell Road.
Entry is thought to have been gained by forcing a back door.
Offender(s) made an untidy search and stole a large amount of cash.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any knowledge of it should contact Ipswich CID at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/72691/17 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Particularly as the nights are drawing, police are also urging residents to take steps to secure their homes to avoid becoming a victim of crime:
Burglary prevention tips:
• Always close and lock all windows and doors when leaving your home.
• Always close and lock windows when in another part of the house or garden.
• Always keep front and rear doors locked when at home or out in the garden.
• Always keep garden sheds locked and don’t leave equipment and tools lying around that can be used by burglars to break into your home, such as hammers, shovels or gardening tools. Keep ladders locked away and out of sight.
• Avoid keeping any valuable jewellery items (either sentimental or monetary value) in the master bedroom.
• Large quantities of cash should never be kept at home.
• Avoid keeping valuable jewellery in obvious places eg. jewellery boxes, under the bed or at the bottom of the wardrobe.
• Consider hiding such items in several locations around your home (not a wardrobe).