Victim ID/CAIT Support Officer
Halesworth Police Station
Band E: £27,339 - £31,095 per annum
Closing date: Friday 26 July at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C482 on application form
The officers will support the investigation of internet offences against children, view and grade the indecent images of children (IIOC) and conduct investigations to identify victims and suspects in the IIOC. Also to assist with all other areas of work within the Internet Child Abuse Investigation Team (ICAIT). Applications are invited for the above post in the ICAIT department at Halesworth Police Station.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills
- Experience of conducting investigations/enquiries or demonstrate the ability to quickly develop the required skills
- Experience of dealing with members of the public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Full driving licence due to need to attend remote and sensitive sites
- Flexibility regarding working hours in order to participate in searches and other ICAIT roles, including early mornings or evenings (this may include short notice change of shift for which you will be compensated in line with the police staff council handbook
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working on a multi-agency basis, e.g. with children’s services, Health etc.
- Evidenced ability to communicate with vulnerable people
- Experience of working in a police environment or similar
Role profile >> victim_id_icait_support_officer_-_june_19.pdf
Hours of work are 0800 to 1600 Monday to Friday with flexibility on start & finish times as required where appropriate allowance will be paid (Subject to review). This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].