Transport Supplies Assistant
Full Time (37 Hours) - Permanent
£20,118 - £21,399 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 1 July 2022 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2504 on application form
Transport Services Department provides an efficient and effective vehicle and transport service to Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. Providing fit for purpose vehicle and transport solutions and ensuring the availability of vehicles appropriate for their intended use. Applications are invited for the above post in the Transport Services Vehicle Stores department at Wymondham, Norfolk.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake vehicle component duties, such as receipting supplies and storing vehicle components, pre-picking service and maintenance components and assisting with stock taking.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to lift and carry heavy items as directed and appropriate to agreed limits
- Ability to complete work to a high standard with excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Good organisational skills
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively as a team
- Basic keyboard skills with an understanding of MS Office suite
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Current and recent experience of working in a stores environment
- Hold a full driving licence
- Knowledge of a stock control system
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. The working hours will be 08:00 to 16:15, Monday to Thursday and 08:00 to 15:30, on a Friday. The post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]