Transactions Input Clerk (payments/income)
£17,544 - £19,122 per annum/pro rata
Closing date: Friday 23 February 2018 at 5pm
Ref: Please quote on application form L421
The role involves working as part of the Finance Team carrying out clerical input duties and assisting with the effective administration of Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Function.
Duties will include:-
- Process inputs into the Finance modules of the Enterprise Resource Planning system (e.g. creditor invoices, debtor accounts)
- Process imprest account and floats as appropriate and in accordance with Financial Instructions
- Process cash and cheque income received into the Finance Transactions teams according to Financial Instructions ensuring security of income at all times
- Distribute debtor statements / dunning letters to aged debtors as required
- Meet all closedown deadlines as per the timetable
- Use scanning system as per agreed procedures and as required
- Resolve enquiries as appropriate from staff / officers, creditors and debtors
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience of working in a payroll and or Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable transactional environment or comparable transactional input environment
- Demonstrate ability to accurately process volume transactions to computerised systems
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to comply with Financial Procedures / Regulations of Service
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Demonstrate working knowledge of using computerised databases, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accurate keyboard skills
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Book-keeping qualification / CAPP qualification
- Knowledge of police sector finances
Role profile >> transactions_input_clerk_-_jun_15.pdf
Hours of work are 21 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].