Transactional Assistant (People Transactions)
Part Time (30 Hours) - Temporary for 6 months
£21,135 - £23,817 per annum / pro rata
Closing Date: Friday 1 October 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2050 on application form
The Transactional Assistant role is responsible for delivering an excellent first and second line transactional people transactions service to the constabularies including the day to day provision of advice and support to internal customers across all functions, in line with policy and procedures, using the ERP systems. The role is a key part of the new shared services transaction centre and works closely with other teams in SSTC such as Payroll to ensure transactions are processed and managed in line with published SLAs.
Successful applicants will need to develop an excellent working knowledge of transactional procedures and associated policies, coupled with a basic understanding of Police Staff Handbook and police regulations in order to provide a robust Tier 1 service to internal customers in the context of specified SLAs.
You will need to be conscientious and have a passion for excellent customer service, being able to overcome any obstacles that could prevent or hinder delivery. You will be able to genuinely engage with others, understand needs, perspectives and concerns and use these insights to inform your actions.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Level 3 Foundation CIPD or equivalent experience (Associate)
- Able to make recommendations for improvements in relation to administrative systems and processes
- Proven and effective administrative skills. Understands the need for confidentiality
- An understanding of how to handle, resolve and escalate enquiries and pass on information promptly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident in using ICT systems such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (may be role specific systems)
- Able to plan, manage and review tasks for self and more junior team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Excellent time management and planning and organisation skills
- Able to support changes in service provision in a positive and constructive manner
- Able to work independently and seek advice and guidance when needed
- Is approachable and confident in coaching more junior members of the team to help them to acquire skills and experience
- Experience of taking ownership for delivering outcomes
- Experience of using information to develop solutions and solve problems
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working with people systems (such as Oracle T-Police, SAP etc)
- Previous experience of working in an HR, payroll or shared service function
- Knowledge of the broader activities of the Police Service
Role profile >> transactional_assistant_people_transactions_-_nov_19.pdf
Hours of work are 30 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis for 6 months
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].