Trainee Health and Safety Advisor
Full Time (37 hours) - Permanent
Start Band E: £28,023 - £31,875, progressing to Health and Safety Advisor at Band F: £32,796 - £37,440 per annum upon successful completion of the NEBOSH Diploma course (distance learning)
Closing Date: Friday 13 December at 5pm
Please quote C556 on the application form
Policing is a dangerous job. In recognition of the challenges faced by both officers and staff, police forces have a duty to achieve excellent standards of health and safety management and to promote occupational health, safety and welfare. The application and on occasion compliance with health and safety law can be challenging for any constabulary in relation to many of our operational activities.
Norfolk Constabulary has a rare opportunity to join the small, but busy Joint Health and Safety Team working across Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies.
If you have worked in diverse multi hazard environments, have level minimum 3 health and safety qualifications and are keen to develop your career further in health and safety this is the perfect opportunity.
You must be customer focused and able provide a professional service including advice, support resources and interventions to enable the successful resolution of a diverse range of health and safety issues within a framework of corporate and legislative requirements?
The Trainee Health and Safety Advisor post will require the completion of the NEBOSH National Diploma course via distance learning, to progress to the be a Health and Safety Advisor. The constabulary will fund the qualification, subject to terms and conditions.
Applicants with higher level qualifications may be considered and eligible for the Health and Safety post.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Level 3 NVQ in Occupational Safety and Health Practice or equivalent
- Experience of providing health and safety advice in a large organisation
- Experience of developing health and safety policies and procedures
- Experience of designing and delivering presentations
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to retain a clear, professional approach with staff and officers of all levels
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce concise records
- Keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to travel as required, mainly within Norfolk and Suffolk to fulfil requirements of role
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Able to work in multi hazard environments
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health or similar professional body
Role profile >> trainee_health_and_safety_advisor_-_september_2019.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a Permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].