Sustainability Environmental Manager
PHQ, Martlesham / Hybrid Working
Full Time (37 Hours) - Temporary for 2 years
£34,326 - £39,183 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 17 July 2022 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C1162 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Estates & Facilities Department at Martlesham PHQ – Suffolk Police Headquarters.
The successful candidate will help us advance our journey to net zero carbon emissions and work in a more sustainable manner across both Suffolk Constabulary and Norfolk Constabulary. This is an ideal opportunity for those wishing to advance their environmental career and enjoy varied tasks as part of a small team.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in environmental management sustainability industry standards or be able to demonstrate significant, relevant work experience at the appropriate technical and strategic level linked to sustainability and carbon reduction
- Possess a recognised professional qualification in environmental management industry standards or evidence to show actively working towards it
- Practical and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the legislation, concepts, and principals in relation to sustainability and environmental processes
- Proven ability and success in writing bid and grant applications, and knowledge of monitoring appropriate bid and grant channels to ensure timely applications for funding
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and impart complex information, such as datasets and benchmarking reports
- Comprehensive written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write complex reports and bids
- Strong leadership skills, with the proven ability to lead and drive organisational and cultural change
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to build support and translate complex information and messages to stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally
- Proven organisational and interpersonal skills with experience of prioritising, planning and managing complex workloads at a senior level
- Excellent keyboard skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) membership
- Working knowledge of project / change management methodology
- Experience in a public sector or policing environment
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Under our modern workplace arrangements, the role is a ‘category 3 Hybrid Worker’ so can work to a mixture of home and office working if required by the individual
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]