Support Investigators - ICMH x5
Full time (37 hours) - Temporary for 12 months
Band C: £19,719 - £22,221 per annum
Friday, 21 December at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L813 on application form
The role of the ICMH is to record, manage and investigate volume and priority crime that has been allocated via the CCR. Applications are invited for the above post in the ICMH department at PHQ, Suffolk.
The successful applicant will through flexible and committed team working, conduct high quality telephone investigations for both internal and external customers. Deal with general enquiries, reports of incidents and crime via the telephone/internet, fax or email from members of the public, other agencies or specified internal customers. Process grade C & D cads from a central base with county wide responsibility and any other duties commensurate with the role and grade as may reasonably be requested by line management.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public / vulnerable people
- Proven report writing skills and experience
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage workloads to strict deadlines, demonstrating a flexible and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work unsupervised, as part of a team making considered decisions using own initiatives
- Basic keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Awareness of law and associated procedures, particularly Data Protection Act 1998, Management of Police Information (MOPI) guidelines, National Intelligence Model (NIM), Criminal procedure and Investigations Act (CPIA) 1996, Criminal Justice Act 2003 (as amended), Regulation of Investigative Powers Act (RIPA) 2000
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working within a team environment.
- Previous experience or knowledge in the investigation of crime
Role profile >> role_profile_-_support_investigator_-_icmh.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week, on a shift pattern covering 7 days a week between 0800 and 2200 hours. The appropriate shift allowance will be paid. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].