Senior Analysis Manager
Strategic, Business and Operational Services Department
OCC Wymondham or PHQ Martlesham
Full Time (37 Hours) - Permanent
£45,996 to £50,250
Closing Date: Friday 22 October 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C1037 on application form
We are offering a new and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, resourceful, and motivated leader to join us as a Senior Analysis Manager in the data and analytics function of Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies.
Analysis and research have never been more valuable in policing and have a direct impact on the front-line fight against threat, harm and risk. As such, we are looking for someone with a passion for data and analytics and a commitment to great leadership to join our analysis management team. We are at the heart of identifying and responding to immediate threats in our communities, helping the organisation to plan as effectively as possible for the future. Alongside our wider policing family, you will be critical to driving activities in order to keep our communities safe.
Reporting to the Head of Analytics and Insight, you will provide direction to three analytical teams (operational, performance, and strategic analysis) delivering a range of high-quality, critical products. In addition, as a member of the wider management team you will play an important role in developing and delivering our strategy on evolving data and analytics.
We are looking for candidates with strong analytical and leadership skills who can effectively deliver our strategy. Someone who can provide professional guidance, identify and solve problems, implement change in order to improve and develop, and above all has exceptional communication skills.
Wherever you have worked previously, we recognise the value that different experiences can bring to policing and so welcome applications from any background. You will have access to sports and social clubs, blue light discounts, an attractive pension scheme, eligibility for flexible working schemes, and award winning wellbeing support services. You will also be eligible to apply to become a hybrid home-based worker.
If you are the person for this role, we want to hear from you. If you think you may not have all the necessary skills but are inspired by what you have read and feel you can make a difference with your experience, don’t let this stop you – get in touch.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Significant experience at middle management level, ideally within an analytical field, demonstrating effective use of initiative, leadership and people management skills with experience of developing teams to achieve results.
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret complex problems, use creative thinking and problem-solving skills to identify solutions, manage their implementation and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present, consult, advise and debate complex issues to audiences of all levels.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify improvement opportunities in processes and products and deliver changes across multiple teams.
- Demonstrate and promote an applied understanding of performance, strategic and intelligence reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to use own initiative and work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Experience in articulating a vision and changing culture to deliver strategy, ideally within an analytical environment.
- Ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to other locations as appropriate.
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
1. Qualifications in a related field e.g. Masters in Criminology or Criminal Justice, or Degree/Post Graduate level qualification in Management.
2. A working knowledge of Evidence Based Policing principles.
3. A working knowledge of analytical and data processing/visualisation software such as i2 or Power BI.
4. Applied knowledge of relevant legislation and/or guidance for example; Freedom of Information Act, General Data Protection regulation, Information Sharing, Disclosure.
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Role profile >> senior_analysis_manager_-_july_21.pdf
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].