Safety Camera Enforcement Officer
Band C: £19521 to £21999 per annum pro rata (subject to evaluation)
Closing date: 2 March 2018, at 5pm
Ref: Please quote on application form L409
Applications are invited for the above post in the Safety Camera Department based at Aylsham, the hours are on a 6 week shift pattern covering weekdays and weekends.
Principle purpose of the role:
To implement the strategy for casualty reduction, conduct enforcement using mobile and fixed camera systems either at sites and on routes shown to have problems with casualties from speed related road collisions, or at sites where speeding is considered to be an issue, and produce the evidential material necessary for the offences detected to be dealt with correctly.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Effective communication skills to deal with sensitive and confrontational issues and to present evidence relating to traffic offences in writing and before court
- Experience of using computer systems and basic keyboard skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and to prioritise and manage own workload within given deadlines
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues with regards to moving and handling equipment.
- Proficient in navigating by road with ability to locate sites from maps, map references and written descriptions
- Accurate in making observations, collecting information and keeping records
- Proficient in operating and understanding technical equipment
- Holder of a full driving licence
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Understanding of the criminal justice system, road traffic law and the rules of evidence
Role profile >> safety_camera_enforcement_officer_-_job_description_aylsham.pdf
Hours of work are 15 per week Monday to Friday (over 2 days) on a rotating shift pattern, which will include night and weekend working for which the appropriate allowance will be paid (Subject to review). This post is offered on a permanent basis.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].