OCC, Wymondham and PHQ, Martlesham
Full Time (37 hours) – Temporary(until 31/12/2018)
Band D: £22,902 - £25,914 per annum
Closing dateFriday 22 June 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L581 on application form
The initial role we have available is for a fixed term contract or secondment until 31 December 2018. However, successful interview applicants from this recruitment will be held on a select list for up to six months, which will be used to fill any upcoming vacancies.
Are you a good communicator with an investigative mind? We are looking for dynamic individuals to join the Research & Information Team within the Joint Performance and Analysis Department. You will support analysts as well as other Constabulary and partner agency customers by gathering and evaluating information from all sources to support the production of intelligence and performance products. Creative thinking and proactively seeking additional data sources is essential. Your work will drive the delivery of policing services to the communities of Norfolk and Suffolk.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of researching and collating data
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce accurate and timely reports
- Proven problem solving skills
- Able to use own initiative and work under pressure
- Effective communication skills, being articulate and able to debate issues
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of performance and intelligence management processes and techniques
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to other locations as appropriate
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- A working knowledge of Evidence Based Policing principles
- Previous experience of, or trained in the use of Microsoft Excel or analytical and data mining tools such as i2, Microsoft Reporting or equivalent
Role profile >> researcher_-_nov_2013.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].