£27,339 - £31,095 (Band E),
Full time, 37hrs per week (Mon- Fri)
HR Department, OCC, Wymondham
Closing Date: 6 December 2019
A brand new permanent vacancy has been created within the HR for a Recruitment Supervisor to provide support to the Recruitment Manager.
With the national implementation of Police Education Qualification Framework (PEQF) over the horizon, as well as the continued pressures on the police service it is an incredibly busy yet exciting time for us.
The principle purpose of the role is to provide daily supervision of staff within the recruitment team, managing and coordinating the services ensuring excellent delivery, as well as providing support to the Recruitment Manager ensuring effective operational delivery across both Norfolk & Suffolk Constabularies.
Main duties and responsibilities include (this is not exhaustive):
- To lead, develop and motivate the team ensuring delivery of an effective and efficient service.
- Become familiar with all elements of Police Recruitment including Police Officer, Police Staff, Specials & Volunteers, Transferees and Promotions.
- Build strong working relationships with both internal colleagues & departments as well as external partners
- Attend and support recruitment events across both Norfolk & Suffolk
- Manage issues that arise within the Recruitment team
- Manage complaints both internally and externally prior to escalation to the Recruitment Manager
- Holding regular one to ones, team meetings as well as completing individual PDR’s.
- Identifying development and training opportunities
- Responsible for the allocation and prioritisation of day to day work to the team ensuring that agreed timescales and deadlines are met accordingly
- Keep abreast of developments in the recruitment field, recommending changes to procedures to improve service delivery
- Support Police SEARCH Assessment Centres as required which are currently held at Suffolk PHQ 6 times a year for one week per time
- Support Positive Action initiatives/attend events as required
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the role and grade as may be requested by management.
- Experience of supervising a team in a complex and fast paced organisation
- Previous experience of working in a Human Resources, recruitment or shared services function
- Ability to coach line managers to perform their roles competently and achieve successful outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance own work, priorities and deadlines against supervising a team
- Confident in using ICT systems such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint (may be role specific systems)
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to support decision making
- An understanding of the police service and working with Trade Unions
- Knowledge of national police recruitment regulations
Role Profile: recruitment_supervisor.pdf
Special conditions/Points to note
- The purpose of this job description is to indicate the general level of the duties and responsibility of the role, the duties may from time to time vary without changing the general character of the role or the levels of responsibilities.
- Whilst the role is normally based at the aforementioned location, you may be required to work at other establishments across both Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies as may be reasonably required. Police Staff Conditions of Service will be adhered to in such instances.
- All duties must be carried out in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and good practice. A ‘No Smoking in the Work Place’ policy applies.
All duties must be carried out in a manner that supports the Constabulary’s commitment to equality and inclusion.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
To apply for this vacancy please send CV and covering letter by email to: [email protected]
If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date of the vacancy for which you applied, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you are unsuccessful, please do not be discouraged from applying for other positions within Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies.