Police Cadet Coordinator
Part Time (14.8 Hours) - Permanent
£24,546 - £27,774 per annum / pro rata
Closing Date: Friday 14 May 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1787 on application form
We are recruiting a part time Cadet Coordinator to work 2 days a week within the Citizens in Policing team at PHQ, Martlesham. It would be great if you already have experience of working with young people or safeguarding knowledge but your enthusiasm to progress, embed and grow the Suffolk Cadet scheme is equally as important.
The Joint Emergency Service Cadet Scheme runs across Suffolk Police and Suffolk Fire & Rescue, we currently have 8 units with over 160 Cadets. The Cadet Scheme aims to:
- Promote a practical understanding of Policing and Fire Fighting amongst young people.
- Encourage a spirit of adventure and good citizenship
- Support local policing and fire priorities through volunteering and giving young people a chance to be heard
- Inspire young people to participate positively by volunteering in their communities
The Cadet Coordinator will provide on-going support and advice to Cadet Leaders, ensuring educational value, safeguarding, consistency and development of the scheme and the programme of activities for all cadets in line with the National Volunteer Police Cadet Strategy.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven effective planning skills with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads and manage several work streams simultaneously under own initiative
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise confidently and professionally with a wide range of audiences and work collaboratively with others to build positive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrate ability to have a flexible approach and adapt to change whilst under pressure, ensuring attention to detail and delivery against plans
- Previous experience of delivering presentations
- Demonstrate the ability to write and present reports to Senior Managers
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the post and work flexibly including occasional evenings or weekends
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working with young people and planning and implementing youth projects
- Previous experience of sourcing funding streams and sponsorship
- Previous experience of designing, planning and delivering training programmes
Role profile >> police_cadet_coordinator_-_mar_17.pdf
Hours of work are 14.8. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].