Performance Support Officer
OCC Wymondham or PHQ Martlesham
Band C: £20,619 - £23,235 per annum
Closing Date: Wednesday 22 January at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1225 on application form
Do you want to work for a department that recognises the value of its people? Do you enjoy problem solving? Do you have the skills to work to nationally defined deadlines? If you have an inquisitive mind, great problem solving skills and like working with data then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for people with a “can do” attitude, that are creative and have excellent interpersonal skills to join our team.
Successful candidates will be rewarded with an interesting and varied workload, working within a new, exciting team, with development at their core.
Applicants who are successful but who are not offered a post will be held on a select list for six months, and will be offered a position should another vacancy arise in that time.
• To make a difference to the people of Norfolk and Suffolk
• Interesting and varied work
• Great team environment
• Flexible working opportunities
• Clear career pathway for development
• Local government pension scheme and Blue Light discounts
• Access to sports and social club
• Experience of collating and compiling information from a range of sources and systems
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of performance reporting requirements, for example by understanding and applying business rules and standard operating processes to data extraction and collation methods
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of key legislation including the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
• Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce accurate and timely reports
• Proven problem solving skills
• Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure
• Effective communication skills, being articulate and able to present data effectively
• Good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria: -
• Previous experience of, or trained in the use of Microsoft Excel or analytical and data mining tools such as i2, Microsoft Reporting or equivalent
• Ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to other locations as appropriate
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
Please note: There is a 2500 word limit on the supporting statement for your application.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].