Operational Training Administrator
Operational Training Administrator
Hethersett Old Hall, Hethersett
Full (37 Hours) - Permanent
£19,032 - £20,706 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 29 January 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1672 on application form
This post will be based at the busy Hethersett Old Hall, as the Learning and Development Team realign its operations from this new location. You will be a central point of contact for Operational Learning matters surrounding training events, training calendars and internal and external queries surrounding training delivery
You will work to the Initial Student Training Sergeant, surrounding the administration of joining instructions, stationery and equipment and records management within the department. You will also support the broader Learning and Development Department in coordinating rooms and meetings to ensure classrooms are used effectively. This includes maintaining calendars and room bookings, meeting administration and support.
These duties must be carried out to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. You will be based at the Hethersett Old Hall, but should be willing to attend other police premises as required of the role.
The Operational Training Administrator is one which works on flexi time as per policy and pro rata allowances.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate experience of undertaking a range of clerical and administrative tasks in a busy office environment
- Proven experience with accounts payable systems and processes
- Experience of maintaining accurate, up to date databases, and of handling confidential and sensitive information
- Effective planning, organisation and co-ordinating skills with ability to prioritise workloads and manage several work streams simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels, internally/externally, and work collaboratively to build positive working relationships
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular writing statistical reports using Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst also being able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines ensuring attention to detail and delivery against plans
- Ability to adapt positively to uncertainty and change, promote this and encourage flexibility in others
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Relevant experience of working in a Learning and Development environment
- Ability to travel within Norfolk and Suffolk as required
Role profile: operational_training_administrator.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:00 (with 36-minute rest break) and on the flexi-time scheme. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].