Full Time (37 hours) - Permanent
Band E: £26,802 – £30,483 per annum
Friday, 25 January 2019 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L833 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post within the Learning and Development department.
The successful applicant will deliver a range of training courses to Police Officers and Staff in order to improve workforce capability, meet strategic goals and respond to organisational change.
L&D is a joint department. The position is offered at Wymondham but there may be an occasional requirement to work at PHQ Martlesham. The hours of work will comprise Monday to Friday but there may be an occasional requirement to cover weekend training events.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate relevant experience in a learning or teaching environment
- Experience in the design and evaluation of learning interventions
- Knowledge and understanding of the operation of the Police service and related regulations
- Effective coaching and presentation skills
- Planning and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure, effectively managing competing priorities with available resources
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to work with partners and stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Able to travel and work within Norfolk and Suffolk and further afield if necessary
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate subject matter experience at expert level in one or more of the following learning areas:
- Student Officer Training or support (IPLDP)
- Special Constabulary Training and/or Support (IL4SC)
- Police Entry Qualification Framework
- First Aid
- ICT Training/Delivery
Role profile >> operational_trainer_-_december_2018.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].