Full Time (37 hours) - Permanent
£31,053 - £35,451 per annum
Closing date: 23.02.18 at 5pm
Ref: Please quote on application form L434
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in the Network Team in the ICT Department, supporting the Suffolk and Norfolk forces' joint network and telephony systems. Challenges exist in maintaining existing services, monitoring and controlling costs, responding to customer requirements and participating in force and national projects. The work is technical and specialised, but also requires a confident customer service manner and ability to communicate clearly at all levels both verbally and in writing.
Applications are invited for the above post in the ICT department at OCC.
Candidates will be required to undertake a written technical test as part of their application.
The successful applicant will be required to join an on-call rota for out of hours support.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Current CISCO CCNA or minimum of level 5 qualification (e.g. HND, degree) in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering / related discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven experience of working in an IP network and VoIP environment with demonstrable up-to-date technical knowledge
- Evidence proficient keyboard skills and a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Demonstrate ability to analyse complex numerical data and identify trends and anomalies
- Demonstrate ability to write technical reports in a high standard of written English
- Proven experience of working in a customer service environment
- Proven ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Ability to work outside office hours as required
- Ability to physically rack-mount computer equipment weighing up to 10kg to a height of 1.5 metres
- Full UK driving licence, owing to the need to drive police vehicles carrying heavy equipment, occasionally out of hours
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Recent technical qualification in networking such as CCNP or equivalent
- Professional membership such as MIET or MBCS
Role profile >> network_engineer_-_oct_15.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].