Full (37 Hours) - Permanent
£28,725 - £32,673 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 10 December 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C1061 on application form
The Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (RAPT) is responsible for the reduction of Killed and Serious Injury (KSI) collisions, tackling criminality on the roads and delivering a spontaneous and pre-planned firearms capability to both counties.
The RAPT teams are strategically located to provide an effective response to all incidents and operate out of Acle, Bury St Edmunds, Martlesham Heath, Swaffham and Wymondham. The team consists of armed and unarmed officers with a variety of skills including ARV and specialist firearms officers, motorcyclists, convoy/special escort drivers/riders, Vehicle Examiners and Family Liaison Officers (FLO).
Applications are invited for the position of Motorcycle Trainer. The position is based at PHQ.
The successful applicant will be responsible for
- Providing instruction in the driving and associated duties, up to and including advanced driver level
- Driving instruction to Police candidates in accordance with The College of Policing Driver Training Learning Programme
- Effective classroom inputs based upon The College of Policing Driver Training Learning Programme
- Driving assessments - to consider the suitability of candidates to drive police vehicles
- Eyesight testing of nominated Police drivers
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Qualified to Advanced Driver/Rider level
- Previous experience as a driver trainer
- Be the holder of an unrestricted Category C1 and D1 driving licence or successful acquisition of both categories within 6 months of appointment
- Be a qualified Police Motorcycle Instructor (for Motorcycle Trainers only)
- Meet the DVLA Group Two higher medical standards in all respects
- Have a personal attribute of developing and contributing to effective teamwork
- Proven ability to work with the minimum of supervision and with initiative and resourcefulness
- Proven oral and written communication skills, with the ability to speak clearly, concisely and inspire confidence where appropriate
- Ability to travel to work at other locations as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Qualified to Police advanced driver level and have, or have had, an effective Police operational background at that driving level
- Qualified in the Management of Police Pursuits at Tactical level
- Qualified as a Police advanced rider
- Qualified VIP Motorcycle Instructor/Qualified Escort Trained Instructor (for Motorcycle Trainers only)
- Qualified as a Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
Role profile >> driver_trainer_-_sept_21.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].