Missing Persons Advisor
Landmark House, Bury St Edmunds, Lowestoft
Permanent – Full Time (37 Hours)
£28,0323 - £31,875
Closing Date: Friday 05 June 2020 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: D1870 on application form
Do you want an interesting and varied workload? Do you want to work for a department that recognises the value of its people? Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
The Organisation: Suffolk Constabulary is devoted to the safety and wellbeing of the people who live and work in the county. This is achieved by building on a wealth of traditional policing methods with innovative new approaches. Staff are supported by an award-winning wellbeing service and a number of staff networks that provide support for groups that share similar characteristics, life experiences, values and beliefs. Suffolk Constabulary is committed to developing a diverse, equal and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities it serves.
The Position: We are looking for three full time Missing Persons Advisors to be part of our Neighbourhood Partnership Teams based out of Lowestoft, Bury St Edmunds and Landmark House. The role will include working alongside internal staff and partner organisations to support those who go frequently missing, developing a prevention-based approach. If you are a passionate and committed individual who cares about improving the lives of others, we want to hear from you.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Good working knowledge of policy and process, including local protocol, in relation to missing persons with the ability to interpret and apply relevant guidance
- Experience of working in a multi- agency environment
- Ability to proactively develop effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and other stakeholders, understanding their needs and concerns, demonstrating good team working skills
- Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to identify cause and effect and develop a course of action designed to target root causes as well as manage impacts
- Possess good time management skills with the ability to prioritise and plan own workload
- Skilled in the use of standard IT packages, systems and/or databases to fulfil role requirements.
- Ability to travel throughout the County as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of dealing with people in extremely difficult and sensitive circumstances in a compassionate manner whilst exercising a high degree of professionalism at all times
- Able to identify, analyse and manage risk to inform balanced, proportionate, evidence-based decisions
Role Profile: missing_persons_advisor_rp.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday (daytime). This post is offered on a permanent basis. Locations of work will be at Lowestoft, Bury St Edmunds or Landmark House (Ipswich)
Why Should you Apply?
- To make a difference to the people of Suffolk
- Interesting and varied work
- Great team environment
- Flexible working opportunities
- Clear career pathway for development
- Local government pension scheme and Blue Light discounts
- Access to sports and social club
For an informal discussion, please contact [email protected]
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].