Joint Force Disclosure Officer
OCC, Wymondham / PHQ, Martlesham
Full Time (30 Hours) - Permanent
£28,725 - £32,673 per annum / pro rata
Closing Date: Friday 1 October 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2013 on application form
Acting as a practitioner under the Criminal Procedure Investigation Act 1996 (CPIA) as the disclosure officer, you will be compiling and submitting disclosure schedules as appropriate. You will attend Court as the disclosure officer and where necessary give evidence or otherwise present aspects of disclosure as part of criminal proceedings. The role provides advice and support to both internal and external audiences as well as supporting training and development programmes in respect of disclosure training across both Norfolk and Suffolk constabularies. The successful candidate will be required to maintain a high level of knowledge of appropriate legislation in relation to CPIA and provide tactical and strategic advice to Investigating Officers.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience as a Disclosure Officer or in a similar role handling unused material in criminal proceedings
- Proven ability to identify and manage risk with the ability to make sound judgement in respects of the disclosure of information
- Demonstrate strong investigative qualities with effective organisation and time management skills and the ability to challenge outcomes as appropriate
- Proven ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Basic keyboard skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and in particular Excel
- Ability to travel and work within Norfolk and Suffolk and beyond to attend Court and other meetings as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of working with HOLMES in a criminal investigation
- Previous experience in the delivery of training
Role profile >> joint_force_disclosure_officer_-_aug_21.pdf
Hours of work are 30 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].