Intelligence Development Officer x 8
Various locations across Norfolk and Suffolk
Full Time (37 hours) - Permanent
Band D: £22,902 - £25,914 per annum, plus weekend working allowance
Friday 21 September 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L695 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Intelligence department at various locations in Norfolk and Suffolk.
The successful applicant will be required to research and develop intelligence promptly and efficiently, focussing on the current policing priorities. The post holder will use available research tools to compile and analyse existing information and make recommendations for future policing activity, coordinating the use of overt and covert techniques to develop new intelligence to further operational aims and objectives.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Understanding of Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA) 2000, National Intelligence Model (NIM), Criminal Procedure & Investigations Act (CPIA) 1996, General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 1998, Management of Police Information (MoPI) and NPIA guidance on lawful and effective use of covert techniques
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively at all levels both within the forces and with outside agencies
- Ability to collect, analyse and evaluate intelligence from all sources in order to reach well-reasoned conclusions and produce accurate and detailed reports
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and also as part of a wider team
- Developed IT skills and experience of using Microsoft Excel or equivalent and of using a range of databases and large scale information systems
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role across Norfolk and Suffolk
- Ability to work a shift pattern that includes weekends
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working in an intelligence environment
- Experience of working in a covert environment
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday, on a rotating shift pattern, which will include late CCR cover and weekend working for which the appropriate allowance will be paid (subject to review). These posts are offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
Role profile >> intelligence_development_officer_joint_september_2018.pdf
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].