Information Sharing Officer
Part Time (14.8) –Temporary
Band D: £23,361 - £26,433 per annum/pro rata
Friday 15 November 2019 at 5pm
Please quote L1108 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Joint Information Management Department at Police Headquarters, Martlesham Heath.
The successful applicant will support the Information Management team in ensuring that the Force meets its statutory obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 and associated legislation, protocols and standards whilst sharing information with partners to achieve mutual objectives. The successful applicant should demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills together with the ability to liaise with other organisations and all levels of staff. Furthermore, the applicant should have knowledge of Data Protection with evidence of managing a multiple workload and working effectively in a team environment.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge and practical application of the Data Protection Act and/or other legislations associated with the sharing of information
- Significant experience in a customer service role
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with all levels both within the force and with outside agencies
- Good planning skills with the ability to effectively organise, prioritise and review work to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work positively in both a team and on own initiative
- Experience of managing multiple caseloads with competing priorities and adhering to strict deadlines
- Evidenced ability to create accurate documents demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Evidence of ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of drafting and implementing Information Sharing Protocols
- Experience of working in a policing environment
Role Profile: information_sharing_officer.pdf
Hours of work are 14.8 per week, between Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].