Improvement and Innovation Officer
Martlesham, Police Headquarters
Permanent – Full Time (37 Hours)
£28,023 - £31,875 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 05 June 2020 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C683C on application form
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want an interesting and varied workload? Do you want to work for a department that recognises the value of its people? If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for improvement and innovation then we want to hear from you.
The Organisation: Suffolk Constabulary is devoted to the safety and wellbeing of the people who live and work in the county. This is achieved by building on a wealth of traditional policing methods with innovative new approaches. Staff are supported by an award-winning wellbeing service and a number of staff networks that provide support for groups that share similar characteristics, life experiences, values and beliefs. Suffolk Constabulary is committed to developing a diverse, equal and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities it serves.
The Position: We are looking for a full time permanent Improvement & Innovation Officer to join the Corporate Improvement & Innovation team. You will contribute to projects being undertaken by the Suffolk Corporate Improvement & Innovation team aimed at service improvement including research to identify evidence based policing techniques, proposing innovative ways of working to support the Chief Constables future planning, evaluating results and making recommendations based on what works.
The salary for the role is Band E (£28,023 - £31,875). Applicants will be expected to have experience in research of the existing evidence base of what works well in policing as well as private commerce, and the scoping, planning and facilitation of original research through pilots and trialling new ways of working.
We are looking for people with a “can do” attitude, that are creative and have excellent interpersonal skills to join our highly regarded team. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of researching and undertaking projects aimed at improving structures, processes or service delivery
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of applying qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience of writing detailed reports and the ability to present findings verbally in formal and informal settings
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with colleagues, customers and stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate outcomes from project work, developing SMART recommendations as a result of your findings
- Experience of using Microsoft applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to other locations as appropriate
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Working knowledge of Evidence Based Policing principles
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques such as LEAN or Six Sigma
Role Profile: improvement_and_innovation_officer.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
The Location: The post will be based at Suffolk Police Headquarters in Martlesham, near Ipswich.
Why Should you Apply?
- To make a difference to the people of Suffolk
- Interesting and varied work
- Great team environment
- Flexible working opportunities
- Clear career pathway for development
- Local government pension scheme and Blue Light discounts
- Access to sports and social club
For an informal discussion, please contact [email protected]
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]