ICT Support Technician x 3
Full Time (37 hours) - Permanent
Band E: £26,802 – £30,483 per annum
Closing date: Friday 20 July 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L597 on application form
Applications are invited for the above posts in the Joint ICT Department at OCC, Wymondham. An opportunity has arisen to join a skilled, well-motivated team who are tasked to support and deliver IT operational services across the Constabularies whilst practicing customer focus, flexibility and adaptability. The role is extremely demanding and therefore the applicant must be capable of working under pressure often to tight deadlines.
The successful candidates will support a wide range of ICT equipment and systems, including but not limited to, Desktop & Laptop hardware, Airwave Radio Equipment, frontline mobile devices and ANPR.
As part of the ICT Department you will be working in an exciting and dynamic environment reporting to the ICT Customer Contact Supervisor and working within a team of eight multi skilled technicians.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- BTEC/HNC qualification in Information Technology/Computer Science or significant experience in an IT operational environment
- Proven experience in working within a Microsoft Windows software environment
- Demonstrate an ability to perform advanced diagnostics when solving complex hardware & software issues
- Proven experience and ability to work as an effective team member and with limited supervision isolation when required
- Demonstrate knowledge of maintaining ICT Asset registers
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within Norfolk and Suffolk as required with a full driving licence to drive Force vehicles including category B, weighing up to 3,500kg
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours on a regular basis as part of an ICT on call rota
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- ITIL foundation V3
- Electronics qualification
- Experience of Enterprise Mobile Management, specifically working knowledge of Mobile Device management ( MDM ) or Unified Endpoint Management ( UEM )
- Knowledge of SCCM & MSI packaging
Role profile >> ict_support_technician_-_april_18.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday; however, there will be occasions when unsocial hours and weekends will need to be worked at short notice. Suitable training in specialist systems and services will be given if necessary. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].