Full Time (37 hours) – Permanent
Band D: £22,902 - £25,914 per annum
Closing date: Friday, 16 November 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L767 on application form
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join the Joint Major Investigation Team working as a HOLMES Indexer, and as part of that team, contributing to the delivery of high quality major investigations utilising the HOLMES system.
Applications are invited for the above post in the Major Incident Room at Martlesham PHQ.
The successful candidate will be appointed to the JMIT and the principle purpose of the role is to raise actions, register, cross reference and index documents within the HOLMES incident room ensuring this is carried out professionally and efficiently in line with Major Incident Room standard administration procedures (MIRSAP). The post holder would also have to carry out any other duties as commensurate with the role at the direction of the Office Manager.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Accurate keyboard skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrate the ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate the ability to use own initiative and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to research and pay close attention to detail
- Experience or knowledge in the use of HOLMES and must demonstrate the ability to pass the HOLMES indexer qualification
- Ability to travel throughout East Anglia
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working within a major investigation environment
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected] quoting vacancy Reference Number: L767