1x Permanent & 1x Additional temporary/ secondment 12 month post available
Band F: £32,796 - £37,440 per annum
Wednesday 22 January at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1269 on application form
Higher Analyst – Interesting and varied work in the operational world, supervising a great team of analysts and researchers.
Do you want to make a difference to your community and those you work with? Do you thrive on supervising a dynamic team with an interesting and varied workload? Do you want to work for a department that recognises the value of its people? If you have a motivational, people-focussed attitude, are great at problem solving and are dedicated to helping others develop, then we want to hear from you.
SBOS is a new, exciting department that puts people at the heart of its vision. We are looking for a full time permanent higher analyst to join our highly regarded team.
We are looking for someone with a “can do” attitude, strong leadership values, and exceptional interpersonal skills. If you thrive on supervising and developing a busy, dynamic team, have an aptitude for problem solving and possess top analytical skills then we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a great team of analysts and researchers working in an exciting job in with plenty of scope for personal development and career progression.
Why Should you Apply?
- To make a difference to the people of Norfolk and Suffolk
- Interesting and varied work, supervising a dynamic team.
- Great team environment.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Clear career pathway for development.
- Local government pension scheme and Blue Light discounts.
- Access to sports and social club.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrable supervisory experience showing resourcefulness and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a good understanding of performance and intelligence management processes, applying good computer skills and appropriate use of analytical techniques and products to large volumes of data and information
- Proven experience of innovative and creative approaches to problem solving, demonstrating a high level of critical and analytical thinking, being methodical, creative and with an eye for detail
- Demonstrate experience in the writing of terms of reference and the analysis, interpretation and inference development of complex information [not necessarily within policing]
- Demonstrate effective report writing and presentation skills, with experience in delivering to all levels of an organisation and being articulate and able to debate complex issues
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure, possessing good time management skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, with proven experience of forming and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to other locations as appropriate
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- A working knowledge of Evidence Based Policing principles
- Previous experience of, or trained in the use of i2, Microsoft Reporting or equivalent software
- A working knowledge of analytical and data processing software
- Applied Knowledge of relevant legislation and/or guidance for example; Freedom of Information Act, General Data Protection regulation, Information Sharing, Disclosure
Role profile >> higher_analyst_-_jan_19.pdf
Please note there is a 2500 word limit on the application for the supporting statement
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].