Head of Learning and Development
OCC, Wymondham and PHQ, Martlesham
Full Time (37 hours) – Permanent
Band J: £53,439 – £57,048 per annum
Closing date: Wednesday 20 June 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L589 on application form
Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies have an exciting opportunity to lead the Learning and Development function in a fast paced and complex environment.
Reporting to the Director of HR, you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of our learning & development strategy in line with organisational aims, national standards and quality assurance frameworks. You will work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of a high quality and digitally-enabled learning service that builds and supports a culture of continuous professional development.
You will have experience of leading a large multi-disciplinary team and of balancing and combining the delivery of skills based operational training with professional and leadership development. You will also be able to demonstrate your ability to identify efficiencies within training delivery and the ability to ensure value for money across all learning and development initiatives.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Chartered member of CIPD, with evidence of continuing professional development relevant to learning and development
- Experience of developing and implementing an organisational wide learning and development strategy in a complex organisation
- Experience of balancing and combining the delivery of skills based operational training with professional and leadership development
- Experience of implementing successful learning and development strategies and initiatives to support employee engagement and the management of organisational change in order to improve organisational performance
- Experience of implementing a successful leadership development strategy and associated learning products
- Experience of developing, implementing or improving evaluation and quality assurance of learning and development activities to ensure value for money
- Proven ability in the preparation and delivery of clear and concise written reports, presentations and briefings for a range of different audiences
- Experience of effectively leading and developing a multi-disciplinary team at different locations
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrable experience of the practical application of performance gap analysis leading to learning and development solutions
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills, together with experience of working with senior managers to secure organisational improvement and establishing successful working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and a demanding workload in a positive and flexible way
- Demonstrate a knowledge of diversity legislation and its impact on learning and development programmes
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of managing the delivery of learning and development programmes within a regulated and/or public sector environment, in particular blue light, NHS, Adult Social Care
Role profile >> head_of_learning_and_development_role_profile.pdf
This post is offered on a permanent basis. The successful applicant will be expected to work across Norfolk and Suffolk, with equal visibility across both sites.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to organisational processes, internal candidates will be prioritised over external candidates, which may mean there is a delay in us informing you if you are successful in moving to the next stage of the process.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].