Firearms Instructor x2
Band E: £26,802 - £30,483 per annum
Closing date: Friday 21st September at 5pm
Ref: Please quote on application form L679
The Firearms Training Centre is looking for two full time Firearms Instructors to join our team. You will be part of a team of officers designing and delivering training to Authorised Firearms Officers. In addition to this vacancy, a shortlist will be held for 12 months for upcoming vacancies within the department.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo and pass the Authorised Firearms Officer medical each year as well as the job related fitness test to level 5.4.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Has been an occupationally competent Police National Firearms Instructor within the previous 18 months
- Demonstrated knowledge of policies and guidelines relating to Authorised Professional Practice – Armed Policing
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of armed policing across a broad spectrum
- Holds, as a minimum, a formal current training qualification – at level 3, Award in Education and Training (AET) or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel throughout Norfolk and Suffolk as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Holds a College of Policing recognised enhanced first aid qualification
- Has received recognised risk assessment/safety management training
Role profile >> firearms_instructor_-_joint_-_feb_2018.pdf
Hours of work are 37 hours per week on a rotating shift pattern. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].