Firearms Enquiry Officer
Full Time (37 hours) – Permanent
Band D: £22,674 – £25,656 per annum plus requirement to work two late duties per week 12.30pm to 20.30pm attracting 7.5% unsocial hours allowance
Closing date: Friday 2 March 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L426 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post based at OCC, to work as part of a small team, within the Joint Firearms Licensing Unit, conducting comprehensive enquiries in relation to firearms, shotguns and explosives licensing, and the suitability of individuals to possess firearms, shotguns and explosives.]
Main duties include conducting enquiries of individuals, clubs and registered firearms dealers, inspection of firearms, security issues and land suitability. You would also be required to investigate incidents and offences in relation to firearms licensing.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven investigative and interview skills with the ability to gather, assimilate and record accurately information obtained from various sources
- Awareness of the law in relation to firearms licensing
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to deal with sensitive and confrontational situations
- Basic keyboard skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel to and from locations within Norfolk & Suffolk
- Ability to carry out inspections of inaccessible areas such as lofts as well as the ability to conduct land surveys in difficult terrain
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience relating to the safe handling of firearms and explosives
- Demonstrate knowledge of the lawful use of firearms in the community
Role profile >> firearms_enquiry_officer_-_aug_15.pdf
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].