PHQ - Martlesham
Part Time (20 hours) – Permanent – (Mon, Tues, & Fri - Job Share)
Band C: £19,521 - £21,999 per annum/pro rata
Closing date: Friday 23 March 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L276 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post at PHQ Martlesham Heath, to work as part of a team, with responsibility for risk assessment and decision making in relation to applications made for certificates issued under the Firearms Acts.
This role is responsible for accurate data input and the process of renewing shotgun certificates and permits.
Main duties include the evaluation and processing of applications, and advising members of the public and police personnel on firearms legislation and related issues.
The successful applicant will have proven communication and organisational skills, with an ability to assimilate large amounts of information and work to a high degree of accuracy. The applicant should also have previous experience of using computer systems.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with multiple databases and computer applications
- Demonstrate good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in a customer focused environment
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Ability to consistently achieve accuracy and quality standards in all aspects of administrative work showing careful attention to detail
- Experience of prioritising and organising workloads to complete tasks within given deadlines
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous office/administration experience
Role profile >> firearms_administrator_-_feb_18.pdf
Hours of work are 20 per week; Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].