Fingerprint Development Officer
Full Time (37 Hours) - Permanent
£25,062 - £28,359
Closing Date: Friday 1st July 2022 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2500 on application form
Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies Joint Forensic Services Department provide a vital supporting role to operational police work which directly impacts on crime reduction and detection. We are nationally recognised as top performers in our field and are currently looking to add to our team.
As a Fingerprint Development Officer you will be required to undertake a range of treatments and techniques within our ISO17025 accredited Laboratory to develop and recover fingerprints from items that cannot be treated at the crime scene.
We are looking for applicants who can offer the following attributes:
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above or demonstrate equivalent numeracy and literacy skills
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory or analytical environment
- Previous photographic knowledge or experience
- Demonstrate good organisational skills with the ability to balance a varied workload
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Good keyboard skills and competent in the use of Microsoft office applications
- Full driving licence and the ability to travel within the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Practical scene examination work experience
- Experience of working within a Fingerprint Development Laboratory environment
- A level or HNC or equivalent qualification in a science subject
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]