Eastern Region Training Administrator
Norfolk OCC, Wymondham or Suffolk PHQ, Martlesham
Part Time (22.5 Hours) - Temporary for 12 months
£19,032 - £20,706 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: Friday 29 October 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C1048 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post. This role will provide administrative support to the Hostage and Crisis Negotiation Training Manager for the Eastern Region, engaging with both internal and external customers to assist in the efficient organisation and running of annual Negotiation training courses hosted by the Eastern Region.
The post holders predominant work base will be OCC, Wymondham but flexibility, including home working, can be supported. There will be expected travel to attend the regional office in Downham Market, Norfolk as required. There will then be an ongoing requirement for travel on an ad hoc basis to course locations, this often being Suffolk Police HQ at Martlesham. If required or practical, overnight accommodation can be arranged.
The main responsibilities and activities of the role will be:
- Managing email inboxes relating to Hostage and Crisis Negotiation training courses, proactively dealing with the actions required including for example general enquiries, course confirmations, allocation of course places and arranging booking forms.
- Raising Purchase Orders
- Organising practical course matters including preparation of and sending out joining instructions/welcome packs and course notes; students vetting; arranging access passes; accommodation booking; facilities, food and catering bookings.
- Preparation of Health and Safety risk assessments
- Carrying out a variety of miscellaneous administrative tasks, for example ordering stationery, arranging certificate printing and photography bookings, arranging any transport requirements
- Assisting as necessary with training course logistics including allocation of role players and assessors for each course; exercise briefings required each day of courses.
- Managing the national database ‘Resilience Direct’, for example updating permissions and newly qualified negotiators
- Assisting in the planning for the annual training calendar for 12 months for the 6 regional forces
- Planning and preparing for Continued Professional Development sessions and Assessment Centres
- Preparing data returns for the National Negotiator Group regional meeting (bi- weekly)
- Other tasks pertinent to the role
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate ability to use computer systems with working knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams
- Administrative experience with proven ability to work to deadlines, maintain efficient records and systems
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
- Ability to travel within the Eastern region as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working within a public sector and/or training environment
Role profile >> er_hostage_negotiation_training_admin_-_july_21.pdf
Hours of work are 22.5 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis for 12 months.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to below email address quoting vacancy Reference Number: C1048