Domestic Abuse Officer
Ipswich Landmark House
Band D: £22,449 - £25,401
28th September 2018 at 5pm
Please quote on application form L698
Applications are invited for the post of Domestic Abuse Officer based in the Domestic Abuse Team, which operates from Landmark House in Ipswich.
The post holder will support the work of the Domestic Abuse Team by responding to cases of Domestic Abuse, offering safeguarding and support, and working closely with partner agencies.
The successful applicant will undertake risk assessments in respect of allegations of domestic abuse, offer advice and support to victims at the various stages of the investigation, and through the criminal justice process.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of dealing with people in extremely difficult and sensitive circumstances in a compassionate manner, whilst exercising a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to relate to people at all levels and work with victims and internal and external partners in complex and demanding situations.
- Ability to undertake risk assessments, review progress and advise on a wide range of support measures.
- Ability to take statements and an awareness of the judicial process eg court appearance, bail conditions etc
- Good organisational skills to progress a caseload, reviewing, prioritising and planning activities.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel throughout the county.
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Background in any related discipline ie victims of child protection, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, or with vulnerable adults in a multi-agency environment.
Hours of work are 37 hours per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Role profile >> domestic_abuse_officer_-_aug_15.pdf
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]