Temporary (37 Hours)
£23,946 - £27,096 per annum
Friday 03 April 2020 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1378 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Disclosure and Barring Services department at Wymondham OCC.
The successful applicant will provide a confidential, timely and accurate disclosure service to enable employers to make informed employment decisions by supplying relevant police information concerning persons applying for or working in positions which allow substantial access to children and vulnerable adults.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, together with the ability to liaise with other organisations, the general public and all levels of staff.
- Ability to work positively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of disclosure issues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to effectively prioritise work.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Evidence of investigative and research skills.
- Evidence of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Evidence of ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Basic computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Evidence of producing detailed and well evidenced reports.
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working in the policing environment.
- Good typing skills.
Role profile >> disclosure_assistant_-_dbs_-_aug_18.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Karen Warne, DBS Manager, ext 1603 tel number 01953 424773.
Important: Please see notes pertaining to recruitment at the beginning of the vacancy section of Force Orders.
Please return completed applications by email [email protected]
Please return completed applications by email to below email address quoting vacancy Reference Number: L1378
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].