Temporary (Maximum 12 months)
Band D: £22,902 - £25,914
Closing date: Friday 2nd November 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L615 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Information Management department at Suffolk Police Headquarters.
The successful applicant should demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills, together with the ability to liaise with other organisations, the general public and all levels of staff. In addition to this, the successful applicant will have the ability to work in a team environment and have knowledge of disclosure issues. Furthermore, you should have experience of working on your own initiative, as a well as working with sensitive and confirmation information.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, together with the ability to liaise with other organisations, the general public and all levels of staff
- Ability to work positively in a team environment
- Knowledge of disclosure issues
- Ability to work on own initiative and to effectively prioritise work
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Evidence of investigative and research skills
- Evidence of accuracy and attention to detail
- Evidence of ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Basic computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Evidence of producing detailed and well evidenced reports
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working in the policing environment
- Good typing skills – as evidenced by an accurate typing ability of at least 30 wpm
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Role profile >> disclosure_assistant_-_dbs_-_aug_18.pdf
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].