Digital Business Analyst
OCC, Wymondham / PHQ, Martlesham
Full Time (37 Hours) - Temporary for 12 months
£28,725 - £32,673 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 22 October 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1930 on application form
The ICT Programme and Planning department delivers business change and technical implementation to Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. The team is responsible for the end to end project/programme delivery and business transformation.
Applications with a covering CV are invited for the above post in the Joint ICT department. You will be predominantly working from home, but will have a base in either Norfolk Constabulary’s HQ at Wymondham or Suffolk Constabulary’s HQ at Martlesham.
The successful applicant will liaise with business and operational practitioners to capture requirements, design, maintain, upgrade, test and implement in-house and supplied software solutions in accordance with the customer requirements, and the organisational goals/objectives and strategies. Through working closely with departments the successful applicant will gain in-depth knowledge of various areas of the organisation to ensure solutions are fit for purpose, benefits are identified and new processes are implemented where necessary.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Significant, demonstrable experience in a similar role with proven stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how technology solutions can enhance operational performance at point of delivery.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to translate operational and business requirements into technological solutions.
- Show a strong ability to accurately capture user requirements and document the findings in a clear manner.
- Highly effective planning, time management, prioritisation and sequencing of workload with minimal supervision.
- Experience of project development/delivery through analysis, development and testing.
- Systems analysis capability demonstrable by experience of analysis of a particular application.
- Very good communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to travel throughout Norfolk and Suffolk as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Relevant professional computer-related qualification e.g. HNC/HND/Degree
- Experience in using a variety of development methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile)
- Awareness of the National, Regional and Local landscapes within which both Constabularies operate.
Role profile >> digital_business_analyst_-_april_19.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. These posts are offered on a temporary basis of 12 months.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].