Digital Business Analyst
Joint ICT Department, OCC Wymondham
Band E - £28,023 - £31,875 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 13 December 2019 at 5pm
Job Ref: Please quote Ref: C460-02 on application form
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Digital Delivery Team in Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies, providing support to the Business Transformation Managers, as well as leading on innovative solutions to modernise policing.
With the multiple strands of the Digital Policing Portfolio (DPP), as well as multiple digital policing initiatives within Norfolk and Suffolk, it really is an incredibly busy yet exciting time for us.
The principle purpose of the role is to liaise with numerous support functions such as; IT, Training, Resourcing and operational Police Officers to design, maintain, test and implement in-house software solutions in accordance with the customers’ requirements. As well as this, there will be opportunities to work with third party suppliers in the procurement and delivery of technology solutions, which will continue to ensure effective operational policing across both Norfolk & Suffolk Constabularies.
A successful candidate must be a confident communicator both up, and down a management and command structure as well as creative in their approach to problem solving using technology.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Significant, demonstrable experience in a similar role with proven stakeholder engagement and management experience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how technology solutions can enhance operational policing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to translate operational and business requirements into technological solutions.
- Highly effective planning, management, prioritisation and sequencing of workload with minimal Supervision.
- Experience of project development/delivery through analysis, development and testing.
- Systems analysis capability demonstrable by experience of analysis of a particular application.
- Very good communication skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to travel throughout Norfolk and Suffolk as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Relevant professional computer-related qualification e.g. HNC/HND/Degree.
- Experience in using a variety of development methodologies (eg. Waterfall and Agile).
- Awareness of the National, Regional and Local landscapes both Constabularies operate in.
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
Anyone who wishes to be considered for appointment should submit a CV and covering letter via email to [email protected]
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.