DBA Technician (Oracle)
Full Time (37 hours) – Permanent
Band E: £26,535 - £30,180 per annum plus £4,000 Market Supplement to be reviewed annually
Closing date: Friday 20 February 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L376 on application form
Applications are invited from an experienced Oracle Technician to join a team that supports Norfolk & Suffolk Constabularies suite of mission and business critical databases.
The daily work involves assisting with the technical aspects of some major ICT projects, technology refreshes and effectively maintaining the constabulary’s databases in support of front-line policing.
The Database team is a fast-paced and technically competent team within the ICT Department and you will manage either Oracle or SQL Server Database support for over 150 different Applications that potentially serve in excess of 6,000 customers.
The ideal candidate will have general and specialist technical skills, relevant experience and will also show great attention to detail. The post holder will be required to communicate well and be able to explain technical issues to less specialist colleagues, including application specialists with whom they will work closely.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate significant technical ICT experience, including full system lifecycle and analytical skills along with a methodological, careful approach to detail and respect for business data
- Demonstrate a proficient working knowledge in the configuration and support of servers using recent versions of Unix, Linux and/or MS Windows operating systems
- Proven ability to install, configure and support databases and associated reporting systems in large organisations, ideally including recent versions of Oracle and application tools such as ERP
- Proven experience of producing and maintaining SQL, (Oracle) PL code, Oracle Access Manager 11g, Oracle WebLogic server 11g and R12 Install/Patch/Maintain E-Business Suite Ed1
- Experience of using Oracle Identity Manager (Connector tool) for Oracle Internet Directory (OID) and Active Directory database integration within a Single Sign on Environment
- Proven expertise in supporting client/server applications, including workstation dependencies
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, written and oral communication, evidencing team working and motivation skills
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within Norfolk and Suffolk as required
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours if required and on a regular basis as part of an ICT ‘on call’ rota
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- ITIL Foundation (V2 or V3) qualification
- A formal recognised ICT qualification
Role profile >> dba_technician_oracle_-_dec_15.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week, which will include taking part in the call out rota. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].