CPC Digital Support Officer
Countywide (Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich, Lowestoft)
Full (37 Hours) - Permanent
Band E: £28,725 - £32,673 per annum
Closing Date: Wednesday 12 May 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C910B on application form
We are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity to work as part of the Neighbourhood Partnership Team (NPT), providing specialist tactical support, evidence capture and advice to cyber-enabled digital investigations within Local Policing Teams.
Suffolk Constabulary are recruiting additional CPC Digital Support Officers into the team, with locations available across the county.
As a CPC Digital Support Officer you will, support the investigation of cyber-enabled offences, produce evidential packages, develop investigation plans, provide expert advice / guidance, conduct interviews and support the preparing and submitting case files.
You will also promote and deliver effective digital crime prevention activities, reduce demand, facilitate officer training and provide the best possible service to the public.
Applications are invited for the above post in the CPC Digital Support Team at one of three key sites across the county (Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich or Lowestoft).
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Good understanding of new and emerging technology, cyber trends including Social Media, and a demonstrable aptitude for cyber technology
- Awareness of current cyber threats
- Experience of conducting investigations/enquiries or demonstrate the ability to quickly develop the required skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, as part of a team, making considered decisions using own initiative
- Full driving licence due to the requirement to drive police vehicles and transport equipment
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven knowledge of criminal procedures & process
- Formal qualification in cyber related subject/s
Role profile >> cpc_digital_support_officer_september_2019.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week, day shifts Monday to Friday.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
Suffolk constabulary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].