Corporate News Officer
Corporate News Officer
Part Time (7.4 Hours) 1 day per week – Permanent – hours vary between 0800 - 1600 and 0900 - 1700
Band E: £28,725 - £32,673 per annum pro rata
Friday 18 June 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1882 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Corporate Communications department at Martlesham PHQ.
The successful applicant will be personable, able to work as part of a supportive team, and have the ability to forge professional relationships internally and externally. They must also be accurate and concise in their communications, both written and verbal.
Due to the working hours for this role, it would be unlikely for the successful candidate to be required to meet essential criteria no.8 as detailed below.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Relevant professional journalistic, marketing or PR qualification (NCTJ or CIM or equivalent); or recent practical experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in a fast-moving media or news office, in an editorial role
- Demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative
- Evidence of ability to successfully communicate with a range of different audiences
- Knowledge and experience of using social media networks
- Good keyboard skills and competency using Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel and attend remote locations across Suffolk/Norfolk (as applicable)
- Flexibility regarding working hours to participate in an out-of-hours on-standby Communications Officer rota (weekends and/or evenings).
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Thorough knowledge of legal reporting restrictions for police and media
Role profile >> corporate_news_officer.pdf
Hours of work (7.4hours) will vary between 8am and 5pm per week Monday to Friday. Homeworking may be available following 4 week training period for this role. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Norfolk and Suffolk constabularies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].