Corporate Improvement & Innovation Support Project Administrator
Martlesham, Police Headquarters
Permanent – Full Time (37 Hours)
£20,619 - £23,235 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 05 June 2020 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C683D on application form
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want an interesting and varied workload? Do you want to work for a department that recognises the value of its people? If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for improvement and innovation then we want to hear from you.
The Organisation: Suffolk Constabulary is devoted to the safety and wellbeing of the people who live and work in the county. This is achieved by building on a wealth of traditional policing methods with innovative new approaches. Staff are supported by an award-winning wellbeing service and a number of staff networks that provide support for groups that share similar characteristics, life experiences, values and beliefs. Suffolk Constabulary is committed to developing a diverse, equal and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities it serves.
The Position: We are looking for a full time permanent highly motivated administrator to join the Corporate Improvement & Innovation team. Working within a dynamic environment you will provide project and administrative support to the Corporate Improvement & Innovation team in the delivery of the Constabulary’s change programme through all phases of a project lifecycle.
The salary for the role is Band C (xxxxxx). Applicants will be expected to undertake a range of administrative tasks relating to project work and we are looking for people with a “can do” attitude, that are creative and have excellent interpersonal skills to join our highly regarded team. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience in an administrative or project support role undertaking a range of administrative tasks in a busy office environment.
- Proven effective self-planning, organisational and co-ordinating skills with the ability to prioritise own workload and manage several activities simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively at all levels, internally and externally.
- Accurate keyboard skills and a comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative whilst also being able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines ensuring attention to detail with accuracy while delivering against deadlines.
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio
Role Profile: project_support_administrator.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
The Location: The post will be based at Suffolk Police Headquarters in Martlesham, near Ipswich.
Why Should you Apply?
- To make a difference to the people of Suffolk
- Interesting and varied work
- Great team environment
- Flexible working opportunities
- Clear career pathway for development
- Local government pension scheme and Blue Light discounts
- Access to sports and social club
For an informal discussion, please contact [email protected]
Please return completed applications by email to below email address quoting vacancy Reference Number: C683D [email protected]
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].