Contact and Control Room Systems Officer
Band D: £22,902 - £25,914 per annum/ pro rata
Ref: Please quote on application form L688
The Contact & Control Room (CCR) Support team are dedicated to ensuring the CCR is supported with technical expertise as part of front line emergency call handling and deployment of Police Officers to incidents across Suffolk. This is achieved via computer system administration and development. The CCR Support Team provides technical and procedural advice face to face or by all other forms of communication.
Applications are invited for the above post in the Suffolk County Policing Command department at PHQ, Martlesham.
The successful applicant will be required to be able to work to tight timescales and with minimum supervision a lot of the time. They will also have the ability to prioritise the workload and re prioritise as new issues/problems occur from a day to day basis.
The successful applicant will be expected to update and maintain sensitive technical data on the current Command & Control system with accuracy being of the highest importance. This will also include the new Mitel IP telephony system and will be responsible for the production of data reports for performance and statistical purposes.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate excellent oral, numerical and literacy skills
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of complex technical systems
- Good keyboard skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to prioritise, organise, make decisions and complete tasks, especially if within given deadlines
- Evidence of ability to work with minimal supervision
- Previous experience of undertaking administrative/technical/financial support and maintaining accurate records
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Data Protection Act and Management of Police Information (MOPI)
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous Control Room and/or operational Police experience
- Previous experience of administration/problem solving on a day to day basis.
Role profile >> ccr_systems_officer_suffolk_-_aug_18.pdf
Hours of work are 15 per week and the days would be Thursday and Friday between the hours of 0800 - 1700. This post is offered on a permanent basis and as a job share.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].