Conditional Offer Clerk
Carmelite House, Norwich
Full Time (37 hours) - Permanent
Band B: £17,721 - £19,317 per annum
Closing date: Friday 20 July 2018 at 5pm
Please Ref: L608 quote on application form
An opportunity has arisen to join the Central Ticket Office team as a Conditional Offer Clerk.
This role includes dealing with office-issued tickets and Safety Camera offences.
Main duties include:
- Receiving and actioning information received from camera technology systems and tickets issued by Police Officers
- Accurately inputting and processing all notices/tickets
- Assisting in the preparation of process files
- Answering enquiries by telephone and correspondence from the general public, police officers and other agencies
- General administration tasks to include filing, copying and dealing with incoming mail
- Viewing and verification of camera detected offences
- Preparing letters and reviewing correspondence deciding on the appropriate action for dealing with the content
- Liaising with the Central Ticket Office Enquiry Officers for internal and external force enquiries and personal service of documents
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the role and grade as may be requested by line management
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of accurately inputting data to computerised systems
- Basic keyboard skills with experience of working with Microsoft Word
- Good verbal communication skills with experience with dealing with telephone enquiries
- Proven experience of organising and prioritising tasks effectively to achieve deadlines
- Demonstrate good numeracy and literacy skills
- Proven ability to work as effective member of team
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience within a police or legal environment
Role profile >> conditional_offer_clerk_-_role_profile.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].