Full Time (37hours) – Permanent
Band D: £22,674 - £25,656 plus shift allowance
Closing date: Friday 2 March 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L447 on application form
Could you work in the Norfolk Police Contact and Control Room?
The Contact & Control Room is at the hub of Norfolk Constabulary’s services. We operate 24/7 and you will need to be flexible and work shifts as required (including some Bank Holidays). We are making plans for 2018 and looking for staff to work fixed shifts Monday to Friday between the hours of 0900 and 2300, with an expectation that you will move to the 24/7 teams, with an enhancement in your shift allowance, as your career progresses and vacancies arise.
- You will frequently be making difficult decisions, prioritising conflicting demands under pressure and taking personal responsibility for delivering the right service.
- You will speak to telephone callers (including 999) who may be vulnerable, confused, distressed, frightened or even angry.
- You will be giving telephone advice to the public for a variety of different issues.
- You will use our cutting edge Digital Radio Communications System to control Police resources – often in difficult and demanding circumstances.
- You will be responsible for conducting telephone crime investigations.
- You will already be comfortable with using complicated I.T. Systems.
- You will already be able to audio type at 30wpm (we will be testing you).
If you think you have got what it takes then please apply for our assessment days.
Role profile >> communications_officer_-_october_2011.pdf
Those expressing an interest will be invited to an assessment centre which will be held over the coming months. At the assessment centre you will undertake a series of tests that reflect the realities of the Communications Officers role including your typing speed, decision making and telephone manner. These will be assessed on the day and successful applicants will also be interviewed, you will receive feedback on your performance. Assessment centres will be held at Dereham Police Station.
Please be aware that participation in these events will be by prior appointment only and previous applicants over the last 6 months will not be considered.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].