Communications Data Investigator SPOC – x3
OCC Wymondham and PHQ Martlesham
Permanent – Full Time (37 Hours)
£28,023 - £31,875per annum
Closing Date: Friday 14 August 2020 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C705 on application form
We are looking for motivated individuals to join the Single Point of Contact within the Norfolk & Suffolk Constabularies, Cyber, Intelligence & Serious Crime Directorate, Communications Data Investigation Unit (SPoC).
You will be self-motivated, able to work under pressure whilst often dealing with fast running ‘life at risk’ or critical incidents. Preferably be a qualified SPoC Officer or you must be prepared to attend a residential training course to attain the relevant accreditation. It is desirable that you have experience of working in a policing or investigative environment and you must be an effective team player with a passion for achievement.
**Please note** a considerable investment is made in the training of new SPoC staff which includes an accreditation course, staff who leave within the first 3 years after qualifying will be expected to pay back a percentage of the course fees on a diminishing scale.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Basic investigative skills and mind-set with an understanding of investigative and prosecution processes
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision
- Ability to build appropriate working relationships with other teams in high pressured environments e.g. investigation, prosecution, Telco’s, open source and digital forensics teams
- Experience of creating and delivering presentations with the ability to communicate information clearly and accurately to individuals of all levels and to varied audiences.
- Experience of working in a continually changing environment and adapting accordingly
- A thorough knowledge of the Investigatory Powers Act 2016 (IPA) and its applicability to investigations/intelligence operations as well as other legislation impacting on the Unit such as the Criminal Procedures Investigation Act, the Human Rights Act and the Data Protection Act
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours on an on-call basis as required
- Ability to travel throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and country-wide as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Accredited CDI SPoC
- Experience of working in a technology environment or an intelligence role
- Experience of maintaining personal knowledge of emerging concepts
Role Profile: communications_data_investigator_spoc.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis. Hours of work: Monday to Friday Office hours 0800hrs to 1600hrs or 0900hrs to 1700hrs*. You will be required to work 24hr ‘on call’ at least one week in four to cover a full seven day period
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
For further guidance on completing the application process for at post at either Norfolk or Suffolk and an informal chat about the post please e-mail and we will get in touch;
David FINCHAM (SPoC Manager) at [email protected]
Zoe CHRISTELOW (SPoC Mentor) at [email protected]
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]